Launchtrip, a New Travel App, Makes Group Travel a Breeze
Written by VIVA Staff
Your next group trip just got a lot easier to organize.
Most people have experienced the strains of organizing a group trip, whether it's for a bachelorette party, a weekend at a festival, a family vacation, or a getaway to a resort. Launchtrip, a brand-new app poised to shake up the travel space, is determined to end those struggles.
Launchtrip, which is now available on iOS, removes the hassle associated with group travel by allowing users to plan and book travel based on destination city or specific event, and giving them the ability to divide costs among their group, easing the process of collecting payments.
The Vancouver-based start-up shed some light on its flagship app's features in a press release. According to the release, users will be able to:
- Search by city or event to book accommodation and restaurants close to major sports, music, and entertainment events across the country
- Book hotel accommodations from a curated selection of 3 - 5 star properties across the country. From independent boutique hotels to 5-star luxury properties and everything in between, Launchtrip offers thousands of hotels across 8 major US cities to start, with more becoming available every month
- Review thousands of highly recommended restaurants and book right in the app using Resy as Launchtrip’s official restaurant booking partner
- Split and manage payments of your group trips (available for group trips of 3 or more people) Receive scaling group discounts with partnered hotels
- Take advantage of Launchtrip’s signature 24/7 concierge service - online and with text-driven customer support, powered by humans.
Launchtrip users will also benefit from the app's "My Trip" feature, where they can manage all of their group's reservations (both accommodations and restaurants) and also their guest list, meaning they won’t be inundated with emails from multiple vendors. Within the "My Trip" feature, users can name their trip, check the trip’s guest list and see who has paid, and send reminders to anyone who's still owing. According to the release, Launchtrip will also introduce ground transportation and travel insurance features by the end of 2021, making it that even more useful to anyone plotting a trip.
“Launchtrip is a new kind of travel booking company and one that we believe will transform the travel and hospitality space," CEO and Founder Julian Ing said in the release. "From group travel to complete transparency for consumers and partners, we are committed to creating the best experience possible for our users and are thrilled to be opening Launchtrip up to the public today.”
“Anyone who has been brave enough to attempt planning or organizing group travel for friends, realizes it’s a nightmare," echoed Traci Mercer, Launchtrip Advisor and SVP, Marketplace Segments for Sabre. "The leisure-group travel market is ripe for disruption, which is why I am so excited to be part of Launchtrip - a company that will transform and eliminate the major pain points for group travel."
"Julian’s innovative approach leveraging geo-fencing, artificial intelligence and customer input, will make planning trips for your tribe a breeze and position Launchtrip as an industry leader for group travel.”
To celebrate its launch, Launchtrip is giving away an all-expenses paid vacation—including accommodation at select luxury hotel properties across the United States—to one user and three of their friends. To enter, click here—all you need to do is submit a painful story from a past experience of organizing a group trip.
Launchtrip is now available in the iOS store. The VIVA team has already spent some time poking around on the app, and it's equipped with every tool you need to make your next group trip a breeze.